Toshiba Air Conditioners - 100% Fresh Air Intake Unit, VRF
100% fresh air intake
Three models (5HP, 8HP, 10HP) of Toshiba VRF units with 100% fresh air intake are prepared. For the fresh air intake indoor units, up to 2 units for one system and also within 30% to capacity of the connectable indoor air conditioners are allowed.
The fresh air intake indoor unit means an air controller for taken-in fresh air. Intake of the fresh air often influences on the system so that the normal control of the air conditioner becomes difficult or gives a large load upon air controller and cooling performance. Therefore it is frequently adopted to handle the fresh air to a certain condition before the fresh air will enter in the main air conditioner. This handling device is called a fresh air intake indoor unit.
NOTE: The fresh air intake indoor unit is an air conditioner provided to handle the fresh air load and is not to control the room temperature. For correspondence to the load of the indoor air controller, set an air conditioner separately.
The fresh air intake indoor unit is connectable to Toshiba S-MMS (Super Modular Multi system). However this is not connectable to Toshiba S-HRM (Super Heat Recovery Multi system).
- The total capacity of the indoor air conditioners and the fresh air intake indoor units is restricted 80% to 100% against the capacity of the outdoor units.
- Up to two fresh air intake indoor units can be connected on one refrigerant cycle.
- The allowable total capacity of the fresh air intake indoor units shall be 30% or less against the capacity of the indoor air conditioners (including the fresh air intake indoor units).
- The height difference between the fresh air intake indoor units shall be 0.5 m or less.
- Use temperature: COOL: 5 to 43°C; HEAT: –5 to 43°C
Back to the section
- The fan operation of the fresh air intake indoor unit stops during defrosting.
- When a central controller is used, divide zone setup of indoor air conditioner and fresh air intake unit.
- The standard is to control the discharge temperature. However the priority is given to the capacity control for the indoor air conditioner in a system in which the normal indoor air conditioner concurrently operated.
- The fresh air intake indoor unit cannot be connected with remote controller group of the indoor air conditioner.
- In heating operation, if the outside temperature is below –5°C, the operation stops automatically. (FAN stop) (To protect the refrigerant cycle)
- In cooling operation, if the outside temperature is below 5°C, the operation stops automatically. (FAN stop)