Toshiba Air Conditioners - History of Toshiba
Toshiba Air Conditioning today
Toshiba Corporation a diversified manufacturer of electronic and electrical products and systems was founded in 1875. Toshiba Corporation has 8 in house companies and 6 key group companies. Toshiba consumer marketing is one of the key group companies under which the Air conditioning division is taken care of by Toshiba Carrier Corporation (TCCJ).
TCCJ was established in April 1999, as a Joint venture between Toshiba Corporation and Carrier Corporation aiming to reinforce the corporate competitiveness by strategic cooperation from global standpoint.
Carrier is the world’s largest HVAC company and Toshiba is quite strong in the Residential and Light Commercial segment with most advanced technology. Toshiba Air Conditioning has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Japan and Thailand, as well as research and development centers.
In order to achieve the excellence in Sales and Service in the emerging markets of Russia & CIS countries, Middle East, central and eastern Africa, South East Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Toshiba Carrier Corporation through AHI Carrier has set up a Marketing & Distribution company which is totally committed to promoting the technologically most advanced Airconditioning Solutions.
Toshiba. The roots for the future.
Toshiba is one of companies who have very long histories in Japan, and we can proud of this. Toshiba's roots go back to a small shop and factory in Ginza's "brick town", founded in 1875, and Hakunetsu-sha & Co., Ltd., founded in 1890.
Hisashige Tanaka, nicknamed "the genius of mechanical wonders", was one of Japan's greatest inventors. Ichisuke Fujioka, "a wizard with electricity", was known as the Japanese Edison.
The businesses launched by these two giants later came together to form the Toshiba of today. Their restless curiosity and passion still live on in Toshiba's heart and soul.
Tanaka's great dream was to develop technologies that would truly benefit people everywhere. A philosophy that is reflected by the slogan of the corporation: "Committed to People. Committed to the Future".
Not simply a show of innovation and research for its own sake, but real and genuine support to benefit everyone. Today, 130 years after the first beginnings in 1875, we can confidently confirm that his dream has become reality.
In fact, Toshiba, world leader in high technology, not only develops new technologies, but also provides products to enhance health, comfort and networking.
History of Toshiba Air Conditioning
For the last thirty years Toshiba has studied, designed and innovated for the air conditioning market, a sector that is very competitive.
For Toshiba quality is always a priority. Today it is a real difference between us and other air conditioner manufacturers. This is the philosophy that forms the basis of every air conditioner that deviation from this course. No compromise. Only quality.
- 1875 - Hisashige Tanaka opened a telegraph equipment factory in Shimbashi, Tokyo
- 1931 - Completed Japan's first hermetical compressor for cooling equipment.
- 1961 - Toshiba completed world's first residential air conditioner.
- 1968 - Toshiba developed Japan's first rotor compressor and started international commercial network in Europe, North America and Middle East
- 1978 First electronic-controlled air-conditioner
- 1980 First inverter air-conditioner
- 1981 First inverter residential air-conditioner
- 1988 First twin-rotary compressor
- 1993 First digital twin-rotary inverter compressor
- 1998 First Green Air Conditioner CFC free using (R410A) refrigerant
- 2000 First “Daiseikai” with Plasma Air Purifier and Air Ionizer
- 2004 First “ Daiseikai Fixed-Speed “ for APO markets
- 2007 Toshiba developed highest COP Daiseikai Inverter
- 2010 New Toshiba IAQ air filter
Welcome to AHI Carrier, Marketing & Distribution company which promote the technologically most advanced Toshiba Air Conditioning Solutions in more than 50 countries including Russia & CIS, Middle East, central and eastern Africa and, most recently, Australia, New Zealand and South East Europe.
Currently AHI Carrier is pursuing the following goals :
- To develop and support its Dealer Network with necessary marketing tools and provide training to their Engineers.
- Offer Mechanical Contractors full technical support in design and selection of equipment.
- Guarantee on time delivery of products and provide after Sales Service.
- Warehousing facilities in strategic locations.
To achieve these goals AHI Carrier is presently operating from offices in Sharjah (U.A.E), Moscow (Russia), Kiev (Ukraine), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Baku (Azerbaijan), Greece (Athens), Bulgaria (Sofia), Romania (Bucharest), Australia & New Zealand. A team of dedicated and experienced Engineers specialized in HVAC are available there to offer full technical support to the customer.